Open Saturday 8 am - 5 pm and Sunday 8 am - 12 noon
A Truxton transfer station tag for the current year must be displayed in the vehicle for admittance.
To obtain a transfer station tag, you must be a resident of the Town of Truxton. The Town Board defines a resident as anyone who is eligible to register to vote in the general elections in the Town of Truxton.
All trash and recyclables must be generated from households within the Town of Truxton.
All loads should be covered, and trash must be contained in clear plastic bags.
We will not accept: Tires, liquid materials, paints, oils, propane tanks, and car batteries. Any questions ask attendant.
Electronics: We do not accept radios, computers, TV’s, VCR/DVD, game consoles, etc. It is the Residents’ responsibility to take these items to the Cortland County Recycling Center on Pendleton Street, Cortland (at no charge).
Batteries: AAA’s, AA’s, etc., flashlight, cell phone; please give these items to the Transfer Station attendant.
Transfer Station hours are set by the Town Board at the beginning of each year.
The Cortland County Landfill is on Townline Road in McGraw. You should call the landfill at 756-1741 for the hours or visit their website.
The following information provides general recycling guidelines:
NEWSPAPERS, MAGAZINES, CATALOGS:
• Slick paper advertisements
• Telephone books
NO wet papers or plastic bags
OFFICE PAPER, SCHOOL PAPER, JUNK MAIL:
• Envelopes (with or without windows), manila folders, computer paper, letters, pamphlets, brochures, copy and typing paper, loose-leaf, legal pads, manuals with glued binding, soft covered books, non-metallic holiday wrap
NO PAPER PLATES, CUPS, NAPKINS, TISSUE PAPER, METALLIC PAPERS OR PLASTIC
• Corrugated = 2 outside layers + wavy inner layer
• Packing boxes, appliance boxes, etc.
• Dry and flattened
• Kraft, brown, grocery bags and lunch bags
NO WET CARDBOARD
NO WAX-COATED BOXES (ex. milk cartons)
NO BOX BOARD (ex. pizza boxes, cereal boxes, shoeboxes)
• Must be marked with recycling symbol (triangle with number 1-7 inside)
• Include detergent bottles, soap, shampoo, water, milk and juice containers
• Must be completely empty and rinsed thoroughly – labels ok, lids and caps discarded
NO MOTOR OIL BOTTLES, TOYS, FURNITURE, PLASTIC BAGS, STYROFOAM
• Food cans, beverage cans
• Paint cans
• Metal lids are recyclable
• Cans must be completely empty and rinsed thoroughly
• Paint cans must be empty and dry
NO CAR/MOTOR PARTS, SWING SETS, AEROSOL CANS
• Include all clear, brown and green glass containers
• Completely empty and rinse thoroughly, labels ok, caps and lids discarded
NO WINDOW OR AUTO GLASS, LIGHT BULBS, DISHES, CERAMICS, MIRRORS
This information has been provided to us by Cortland County Recycling. For more information, please call 842-6984.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact any member of the Town Board or the Highway Superintendent. Your help is very much appreciated.